Safety is a state of being protected against physical, emotional and spiritual matters and a control hazards to achieve an acceptable level of risk. To maintain one is a challenge that we all encountering right now but if we learn and be reminded every now and then, we can achieve a successful and peaceful way of living. Since March is a fire prevention month, I grab the opportunity when PR Gaz conducted an LPG Safety seminar and plant tour in Pasig City.
PR Gaz is one of our country's leading liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) brand and innovator of the LPG convenience store called PR Gaz Haus. LPG is a flammable mixture of hydrocarbon gases used for cooking, cooling, some appliances or vehicles. It is a product of petroleum that is clear and odorless which is encapsulate in cylindrical container. Since it is a gas, it has a protective precautions that we always remember and PR Gaz officers thought us all about it and I wanna shared it with you.
1. Make sure that the connections are intact specially in tank changing, you can use a soapy water leak test (soap will produce bubbles for leaks) to ensure the connections.
2. Make sure that the appliances knob was close before you open the tank's valve.
3. If your using a match, light it first before you open the knob then valve.
4. It is advisable to maximize the valve for cylinder's pressure protection.
5. Open ventilation is advice if suspected leaks are noticed and don't switch any lights and open the faucets for water gas absorption.
6. In the event of fire, close immediately the tank's valve.
1. Always keep cylinders upright
2. Keep regulator calibrated and never tamper valve or cylinder.
3. Place cylinder in a ventilated place, away from sources of ignition.
4. Cylinders need to be re-approved every 10 years from the date of manufacture which must be engraved at the tank's handles.
I really learned a lot from this seminar and now I am more confident in handling LPG and know how to manage in case problem occurs. They also showed a short demonstration about LPG, they release an LPG in a contained area with a lower container (beaker) at the end. The container has all the LPG by ignition, this proved that if there's a leakage, it is contained in the lowest area of your house.
PR Gaz also offering a business for you and your community, they support throughout the process of putting up and running the PR Gaz LPG Convenience Store. Visit www.prgaz.com.ph for more informations and details.